All junk mail is accepted with your curbside recycling pickup.
Stop Junk Mail
- Opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial mail from many national companies for five years, including credit offers, catalogs, magazine offers and other mail offers at dmachoice.org
- Opt out of prescreened offers of credit and insurance either for five years or permanently at optoutprescreen.com
- Sign up (free) to send requests to stop receiving unwanted catalogs, coupons, credit card offers, phone books, circulars and more as they arrive at catalogchoice.org
- Guaranteed service (paid) to stop 80-95% of junk mail within 16 weeks at 41pounds.org
Junk Mail Facts
- 62% of phone books and advertising mail are not recycled!
- Direct mail creates 10 billion pounds of solid waste
- It costs communities over $1 billion annually to collect and dispose of it
- Marketers spend $17 billion on postage alone to send advertising mail.
- Approximately 44% of junk mail goes to landfills unopened
- The average American will spend 8 months of their lives dealing with junk mail